Friday, April 30, 2010

Picture FAIL

So I had the bright (or not so bright) idea that I was going to take the kids to get a group shot done. Knowing Ella I should have just pushed that thought right out of my head since no way in hell would she EVER let that happen. But as Ella is getting older her temperament seems to be improving, so I picked out the outfits, lathered up on the deodorant and off we went.

I should have known. I think I did know, I just didn't want to admit it.

When we arrived the photographer asked me what my "wish list" for pictures were. I asked her if she wanted to know what I REALLY wanted or what I knew I was going to get. In a perfect world - a group shot of all three, a few shots of Drew and a few of the girls together. What did I get?

This.











And ONLY this. 3 seconds after this picture Drew puked on his shirt. Ella was dancing with fake flowers and Ava was sitting on some porch bench. Pictures = FAIL. But I did get one, and even though Ella is planning her escape, Drew's buddah belly is hanging out and Ava is just smiling away like always, it's our family. This picture makes me laugh and smile every time I see it. And that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment